Just in time for Halloween…I get to be scared! It is funny what scares me these days…vampires, no…zombies, meh….earthquakes, a little. But what really scares me is the unknown, untried, new and UNMASTERED. That is what it really comes down to. I don’t like not being good at something. I just want to go from “I would like to play piano” to Maestro! But life does not work like that.
Take blogging for instance. I have always wanted to blog and share my thoughts and my process of intention in this fashion but OOOOOOOh Scary monsters….. what if I don’t do it right….what if it sucks! Sometimes my greatest prayer in life is “God please don’t let this suck” Am I alone in any of these feelings? Am I out here by my self in left alone field afraid to take on new adventures and try new things? Are all of you confident and I am the one who was left out of TRUE confidence….(I have mastered acting confident)
I happen to know that I am not alone. By now some of you are saying “no I am like that too” but what are you going to do about it? I mean What are you going to DO about it??? really. Do you want to change more than you want to stay the same? I do! Here is what I did…
1) Struggle – I need a blog post for my website and I don’t want to pay someone to do it for me…besides it needs to be my voice.
2) Surrender – Fine, I guess I will write a blog post…(what’s a blog post again)
3) Belief – God please don’t let it suck, other people write blogs how did they do it, if they can then so can I – I believe in myself…sort of.
4) Understanding my GIFTS – Grateful I have people I can call about blogging, Insecure about my writing in general, Foundation of Integrity, Threats – frustration with technology, Spiritual Center – for this it is my breath and my faith that what needs to come out on this first blog will come out.
5) Allowing in my Dreams – Having a weekly blog with tons of followers and being asked to write a Guest Blog for others…being known as an Author and a Blogger!
6) Crafting my Goals – To write a blog for my website that has information connected to my book but offers a different perspective each time.
7) Setting the Plan – Carve out the time to write, get a basic understanding of Word Press Blogging, figure out what to write about.
8) Taking Action – Write a blog!
9) Celebration – I did it! I did it! I did it!….oh, now what…how do I keep doing it…what do I write
1) Struggle Again….see how this works.
The point is that anything you are faced with in life has a component of each of these steps. Being intentional about moving through your life can and will get you what you want. You want to go to school, GO. New Job, do it!! Get off drugs, um yeah that would be good too! It takes intention. Life may seem to happen to you but in actuality you are controlling Life with your thinking and you belief. If life doesn’t look like you want it to look….WHAT WILL YOU DO ABOUT IT?
I can help!
Best and Blessed,